Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Back to blogosphere

The blogger in me has hibernated for over nine months now. Visitors to this blog and my friends have at times questioned me about my long absence. For those of you out there who want to know, here’s what I have to say.

Firstly, I got busy preparing for my daughter Anna’s arrival.

Secondly, I felt that I was making unnecessary enemies. We have a culture in which all criticisms are taken as personal attacks. Even the slightest criticism could precipitate a totally unwarranted flurry of rabid animosity on you.

Thirdly, I guess I just got sick and tired of crying wolf all the time. Visitors to this blog were accusing me of being too cynical in my outlook.

Then, I thought of taking a break. I thought of just waiting for something positive to happen so that I could write a nice and happy blog post about it. So I went into hibernation at the end of April 2009.

After two months or so I had a look at the major events on the international front to see if there was anything positive I could write about. Many things of course did happen during my absence. But there was nothing that could even remotely be described as positive - H1N1 assumed pandemic status; Ahmedinejad got re-elected in Iran; Air France flight from Rio to Paris crashed killing all 228 people on board; the legendary King of Pop died; and Chinese authorities clamped down on ethnic Uyghurs. :-(

On the domestic front things were going from bad to worse. Amidst the acrimonious political bickering on both sides of the political divide there was little the few ‘good’ elements in the country could do to remedy an economic, social and political situation that had spiralled out of control. And finally, the day my country bloated its Majlis from 48 rabblerousing ‘ikhlastheri’ members to 77, I buried whatever remains of my hope to write a blog post on anything positive.

Fast forward nine months, my little bundle of joy is six months old and it dawned upon me just yesterday that my interest in blogging is still very much alive. So, I decided that it’s time to make a comeback to the blogosphere :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back, naimbe. And congrats to you and your family on your daughter. Good to know you are back.

These days the serious bloggers have all gone into hybernation. Ibra, Kutti Nasheed, Simon, Dr. Waheed, you, Bushry..i dont know why. There are so few blogs with original contents. the rest are all some crap taken from some where.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Midhfa Naeem said...

Welcome back and congratulations.

Anonymous said...

welcome back! missed you!

Anonymous said...

All the seriously bloggers, comfortably numb.

naimbé said...

Many thanks, Midhfa and anons.